Re: Jordan and Pippen

The first thing is that the 50 greatest may not have been a scam in so much as
it included some great players, but it was just a marketing ploy!  There is no
one group of people that could ever agree on exactly who the 50 greatest
players are.  And I didn't need the NBA to print up a list to make me think
about all the great players in the NBA.  The NBA could care less about who is
on that list, they just wanted to create some attention and talk about the NBA,
which they accomplished.

Secondly, I would take Barkley in his prime over Pippen in his.  I also do
agree that Pippen was important to Jordan, but it is possible (we will never
know) that without Steve Kerr, Jordan wouldn't have won some championships, or
without Rodzilla, or without Bill Wennington, etc....  I guess in the end, it
is just personal opinion.  I don't think Pippen will be as good by himself, or
even as complete a player, as he was with Jordan.  Also, I'm not so sure that
Jordan couldn't have done it with a different player in Pippens position.  Who
that player would have been I don't know, but once again, it really doesn't
matter.

Thanks for your input.

Shawn

Originally from Sampath, Venkatesh: