I feel strongly on both issues

First, I think Walker is a budding all-star who will likely get better
for several years and then maintain his dominance.  We should do all
possible to keep him and push him to grow into a team leader.

Second, Holley (who I didn't realize was black by his writing) does
make a valid point about lumping dislikes against "punk millionaires"
into a racial category.  It is the case for many o.g.
(older generation) whites.  For me, I'm as disgusted with Christian
Laettner as I am with Kevin Garnett.  Imagine Allen Iverson as a white
man; he would still have the same image to me and I bet to most o.g.
whites.  Imagine the league as 75% white; wouldn't we still be
disgusted?   Imagine David Stern as a black man; then the beard would
look good.

Gene