From: Josh Ozersky [mailto:josh_ozersky@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 1998 10:05 AM
To: Odegaard, Greg M.
Subject: Re: Walker trade rumors

Why would Rick trade for Mashburn, when he already has Paul Pierce --
unless he is planning on trading Pierce for Olowakandi, as per another
stupid rumor?

Holley is nuts himself.  But it tells you a lot about how player
psychology works.  Billy Hunter has played on black separatist siege
mentality, an Us Against The Man sentiment that is unalterable and
idiotic, to justify this insane stance at the lockout.  63% of
revenues?  Does Holley really think for a minute that the Celtics can
compete in a league where there is no cap whatsoever to player
salaries?  The same stupid line about "no one forced the owners to pay
Kevin Garnett" is now being parroted by our own Mike Holley!  I can't
believe how brainwashed he is.  Earth to Mike:  Paul Gaston could never
have afforded to pay Kevin Garnett!  The Spurs won't be able to pay
Tim Duncan!  The owners aren't one composite white guy!  Shmuck.