Re: Two Predictions

First of all, great job Ray on all the news you've been forwarding.
Here is my prediction:

the owners are going to give the union a face saving luxury tax for
two or three years, and then the hard cap will kick in.  I can't
believe they would be stupid enough to think that a luxury tax would
stop Paul Allen or ITT Cablevision from signing the players they need
to sign.  Talk about Garnett money!  You would soon see people paying
Garnett money without even getting Garnett.  How this will bode  for
signing Antoine, I can't imagine. Someone recently wrote me about my
onhoops essay, pointing out that these guys can't get that kind of
money except under the bird exception, so if comes down to dollars and
sense, Antoine would be better off signing with us fro Juwann Howard
money then signing somewhere as a  FA for Kemp money, or less.  Just a
thought.

I like Strickland a lot, although I don't see why we need him with
Popeye and Andrew.  Stewart sounds better to me, although he really
isn't that good a defender.  Ratliff is better right now.

---Way Of The Ray  wrote:

> The lockout will be over by mid-November, and the Celtics will sign
Mark