Owners win big time

As I had said earlier, and I am not a labor lawyer, I didn't see how the
players could win.  They didn't.  I figured that this arbitrator, who
had ruled for Spre, might figure out a way to screw it up, but he
didn't.  Now, if everyone else thought this would be the result, why did
the union lawyer lecture the owners in the one session they had?  And
why has Billy Hunter been predicting a victory for the players on this
issue?  Yeah, he backed off some, but the only explanation for their
behavior is they thought they would win arbitration.

The url is:

http://espnet.sportszone.com/nba/news/1998/981019/00893418.html

--
Peace,