Re: SICKENING

In a message dated 10/17/98 6:05:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, norine@sover.net
writes:

>     Was just reading Noah's post.  It occurred to me that it seems more
>  important to the NBA players WHERE a team is (warm weather) than WHAT the
>  team is.
   You give short shrift to the rest of Noah's post.  The NBA has about 240
players, and for some of them location is probably very important.  Also
important are things like who the coach is, maybe even who the other players
are, and what commercial possibilities there are.  While I have lost a lot of
respect for him due to his wrestling gigs, Karl Malone has always impressed me
as someone who said he would take (and I'm making up the numbers) 10 mil
instead of bolting to NY or LA because he likes his team and finds Utah a
pleasant place to live. If you took four star players and offered them jobs on
a winning team in a small market or a losing team in a wonderful market, I bet
they'd go to both, depending on the personality of the players.
   Also, let's not forget that 90% of the time on this list we talk about the
megabucks players:  Jordan, Pippen, Walker, etc.  Don't forget that there are
probably 100 pros who just want a job next year and will go wherever they can
get one.  How many players are rushing, for example, to play in Denver?  Or
for the Clippers?
    Hey, give me $60,000,000 in the bank and I'll make a fine life for myself
in any NBA city, and fly to golf courses on the weekends!