Re: re-Trade Rumor

In a message dated 10/16/98 3:53:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dforant1@nycap.rr.com writes:

>  Gets my vote. But who would be that stupid?? Not event the Clippers, I
>  believe.
>  Dan
>
>  >Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:53:39 +1000
>  >From: Warwick <giants@eisa.net.au>
>  >Subject: Trade Rumor
>  >
>  >Hey all,
>  >
>  >This is infact a 'rumor' and not an idea.
>  >
>  >Dana Barros, Andrew DeClercq and Paul Pierce to the Los Angeles Clippers
>  >for Michael Olowokandi and Lamond Murray (or Rodney Rogers).
>  >
  Can I ask why this is such a dumb idea?  Seems to me that DQ and Murray are
both serviceable, if not outstanding, power forwards/quasi-centers.  Barros is
a decent 2 guard with 3-point skills and canplay point in a pinch.  Kandi
could become, as someone said, Hakeem or Yinka Dare.  Can we really say much
different about Pierce?  (Well, he won't be Hakeem or Yinka, but you get the
idea...)
   I'm not saying I'd do the deal, but I can see either team looking at it
seriously.  Maybe Baylor thinks Pierce is a more solid bet than Kandi, but
couldn't pass up the one potential big man.  And the Celtics sure do need a
Real Center.