Walker trades

Before last year, Pitino said that the only player he would
trade Walker for straight up was Michael Jordan. Of course
Pitino has a tendency to exaggerate.

I have a feeling that with Pitino and Walker, money would heal
many wounds. If Walker is given the long-term big money contract,
I think he will feel that Pitino respects and supports him, which
would solve the attitude problem.

An interesting tidbit from the D'Allesandro article (I think) was
that the five year rookie contracts with sixth year right of
refusal in the owners' proposal would be applied retroactively
to players still under their rookie contracts. This would have a
major impact on the Celtics with Walker and Mercer.

Alex