Re: Trade Walker for Grant

>From: "ramani_rite"@lnmta.bentley.edu
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:10:35 -0400
>Subject: Re: Trade Walker for Grant
>

>1.There are "rumors" (I say this because no one from the organization
has
>said anything about it) that Walker will be traded for someone.
>
>     a) To Portland for Brain Grant
>
>I am sure reporters and radio personnel are well connected with the
team
>BUT can you trust them entirely?

I believe in the motto that "everything is fit to print", so if
the National Enquirer comes out with a story that Antoine is a
hermaphrodite and is the mother and father of his own child;
I'm going to post it.  I take the Matt Drudge approach; it's
up to the rest of you judge the story on its own merits.  Sources
and reporters vary in their reliability; generally people like
Jackie MacMullan, Mitch Lawrence, and Steve Bulpett are pretty
trustworthy; others less so.  Depending upon the context of the
situation, Will McDonough is either 100% right or just a flack for
Management.

Shouldn't we be wary of what they say. If
>they do get information from "sources" how do we know whether the
sources
>are trustable??

As noted above, it generally depends on the reporter.

>2. Everyone is entitled to their options. If someone thinks your so
called
>rumor is ....., whether or not you made it up or got for WEEI its still
>their opinions.

That's a good point, I would note however, with the plethora of
newpapers available on the internet; the presence of the local
Boston Sports media, and all the talk shows, there's simply no need
for me to make up things.  They do it for me.  Don't blame me,
if it's a wacky rumour, I only repeat what I read or hear.

>3. We have two players that can put points up on the board:
>          Walker
>          Mercer
>
>It seems like Walker played like he was the star of the team. Mercer
just
>blended in. If we do trade Walker, who would be the star of the team?
The
>star that brings fans to see the games.  I hate to say this, didn't
>Spreewell have trouble being THE MAN after Webber and Hardaway were
>traded?? I haven't seen traits of leadership quality in Mercer, he
seems
>more like a quiet assassin. (But who am I, I am not a scout)
>

>Anyone care to disagree me??

If you believe the scout Bulpett quoted today, Pierce is the best
player on the C's and a offensive dynamo, thus lessening Walker's
possible absence.
WC