Re: Walker/Kidd/Pippen/WC

Your beliefs are sound, but Kidd is such a big, physical presence
in the backcourt who can pass, penetrate, and play defense, qualities
which  help negate his long range deficiencies, especially on a team
like Phoenix with all those poor defenders, but great outside shooters.
Pippin, is rumoured to be heading to the Suns on a four
year deal (Will McDonough column a couple of months back) at $15
million a pop, so Phoenix apparently doesn't feel the same way you do.
And the Sun's style is somewhat similar to the C's
WC

>Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 13:07:32 -0800
>To: "Witch Craft" <witchcraft1998@hotmail.com>
>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>Subject: Walker/Kidd/Pippen/WC

(snip)
>>WC
>>Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.
>
>Nobody's shooting WC. However, I have to disagree with your judgement
on
>Kidd vs. Walker. Kidd's a fantastic talent, but I've always thought
that a
>point guard who can't shoot is a liabiilty at the end of close games.
As
>point guard, he's the one with the ball. Is he going to take the big
shot
>from the outside? Probably not. You play off him. You give him the
outside
>shot, but you play his drive or the pass. He's easier to defend when
the
>game is on the line. Who do I want with the ball at the end of close
games.
>If it's between Walker or Kidd...I take Walker every time. Pippen?
Would
>you have given up #3, #6 and Eric Williams for Pippen, that is, Mercer
and
>Billups and Eric Williams for Pippen? I would've done it in a heart
beat
>and as it turned out, those on the list who said "No," because of
Pippen's
>age / health were right. ("So," you're asking yourself, "what does he
>know?") His bad back is, I think, a sure sign that his career is coming
>a close. He'd definitely be unable to play Pitino-ball. Right now,
Pippen