No Subject

Hey Witchy -- let's have some more detail. Who would you take for Toine? Here's who I see as likely candidates at the 4 & 5 (IMO, doesn't make sense to pursue anybody else because we're pretty set at G & SF).

Rodney Rogers - 6'7, 255 - you think AW is undersized for the 4? last year scored 15 ppg & grabbed 5.6 boards in 30+ mpg; shot 45% from field and is a negligible shot blocker. Makes about $2 mil a year but is a FA in '99.

Lorenzen Wright - 6'11, 240 - I like him, but he's also a FA next year. 9 points, almost 9 boards & 1.2 blocks in nearly 30 mpg.
Maurice Taylor - 6'9, 250 - same size as AW - 2 yrs left on contract, after which he'll look to cash in. 11.5 points, only 4 boards in ca. 20 MPG. 47% fg. Also not much of a shot blocker.

Keith Floss, I mean Closs - the man is 7'3 and weighs 212 pounds. He isn't a ballplayer, he's a poster child for anorexia. Grabbed less than 3 boards a game, but did block 1.3 shots in about 12 mpg, so he could be a throw in (although he don't come cheap at ca. $2 mil a year through 2002).

There's also Loy Vaught, but he's a FA this year and he missed most of last year because of back problems, which is never a good sign. It's too bad because I have always liked him.

The problem with any of these guys is, the two most promising ones (Wright & Taylor) are free agents in 1 and 2 years, respectively, so you'd find yourself in the same pay him/trade him quandary we're now in with Antoine. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Witch Craft wrote:

Kelvin Cato does not function well in a transition offense; he's
more suited to a slowdown,  half-court-type offense.  Rasheed
Wallace is a finesse player, and the C's have an overpopulation of them in their forntcourt as it is.  The LA Clippers and their multitude ofbeefy, physical frontcourters are the team you want to trade Walker to...