Re: Walker trade

Earth to Dan II:

Dan, what player were you watching?  There probably isn't a single
power forward in the league that can handle Antoine down low one on
one.  The only reason he doesn't score 30 a game from that position is
because someone always floats over to clog the lane and/or block his
shot.  If you have ever seen him do his thing in person, you realize
a) how burly he really is; and b) how incredibly fast he makes his
dribble moves on the block.  In fact, he is if anything too fast for
himself, because he often would get the guy in the air or out of
position with a lightning quick move, and then put the ball up before
he needed to (and before he looked at the basket) thus missing a
lay-in.  Don't expect that to happen for very long.

WE MUST SIGN ANTOINE
WE MUST SIGN ANTOINE
WE MUST SIGN ANTOINE

Repeat til the page is full, printer.

---DJessen33@aol.com wrote:

> First of all, I again would like to say that I'm not saying we have
make the
> trade of Walker for Wallace etc, but rather it is worthy of
discussion, just
> as Walker for Jordan would be worthy of discussion (not that Wallace
is as
> good as Jordan for you nitpickers).
> Second, I submit that Walker's rebounding stats are inflated since
there was
> really no one else on the team who could rebound. You have to agree
that if we
> had a Rodman or Oakley or Shaq on the team that Walker would rebound
less.
> Third, Walker really doesn't have the height, bulk or hops to be
dominate
> offensively in the 4 spot. When matched against the prototypical
power forward
> in the post, he would get stuffed because of it.
> Fourth, when Walker was at his best, it was when he was matched
against the
> prototypical 4 and he took him outside and then dribbled around him.
This tool