No Subject

wayray@ix.netcom.com (Way Of The Ray) wrote:
>we've been assured by Il Duce that it's >going to be the Big Four - Walker, Mercer, Pierce, and Anderson - and the
>addiction of a quality free agent center, leading the Green team into the >playoffs this season.

To me, I can't see how any team would NOT go with this approach. How many teams would kill to have a nucleus like this? How many times are the stars in the proper alignment for such a lineup to come together? (Consider: Walker via the Monstrossity trade, Kenny because of the fortuitous Stoudamire trade, Mercer & esp. Pierce falling into our laps much later than they should have been taken.) To break up a team like this, for any reason, seems like insanity. Even a decent center (and by that I mean Matt Geiger, Elden Campbell, etc) makes this a playoff team and a serious contender for dynasty status as these young players mature (even Kenny is only 28).
Then again, I would never have cut loose Wesley & Fox to go after Knight ... or, especially, have traded Eric Williams for two #2 picks to end up with McCarty.