Re: Vin Baker

>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 09:50:57 -0800
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Vin Baker
>
>>Didn't you read the Will McDonough article, Warwick?  Walker's
>>not going anywhere; it's going to be the big four around here, and
>>there going to go out and sign a free agent big person.  Would
>>Pitino lie to us?  Perish the thought.  My only question is where are
>>they going to get the money to sign a quality free agent, if they
don't
>>trade on of the big four?  Vin Baker would be nice
>>though, but you can't have both Walker and Baker here.
>>WC
>
>I sense a bit of sarcasm, and to be honest, I'm shocked...shocked...and
>don't appreciate the tone of the post. Has Rick Pitino ever lied
before?

You must be joking, right? Let's just say Trader Rick is prone
to contradicting his statements.

>Huh?!? If he says Walker's staying...then Walker's staying. End of
story.

I guewss there's a first time for everything.

>Concerning Baker, Walker and money: If Gaston thinks the team will win
>championship with Baker and Walker he'll find a way to get the money
>together. Look, the Gaston's are all about winning. Can anybody
possibly
>doubt that? Haven't they proven that? What more do you people want?

Paul,

After they finish with Antoine's re-signing, the only way they're
going to be able to get Baker here is by trading for him, and
moving out a comparable salary cap amount, because Walker's contract
extension will very well put them over or right at the cap.
WC