Re: larry bird spread

You remember correctly, Greg, but it turns out I won't be going.  As a
HOF supporter, I did receive early notice about the enshrinement gala,
but it would have cost $400 (!) for my wife and I to attend the dinner.
That's about 10 times more than in the early '80s, when I went to see
the induction of Havlicek and Sam Jones.  Since I'm not currently making
even the NBA minimum, I decided to save my money for groceries and my
son's college tuition.

An alternative was to purchase $50 or $25 seats for the ceremony only
(no banquet), but that won't provide the close-up access to the Hall of
Famers which last time was the best part of the event. I've seen Larry
from the balcony; what I wanted this time was to shake his hand and say
thanks for the memories, like I was able to do with Sam and Hondo. But
the price of that is $400.

So, like everything else, it's all about money. I should have known.
Anyway, my daughter has a soccer game tomorrow night, and at this stage
of my life I'd rather be there than in Springfield.

Mike (sorry if I got too philosophical!)

--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI

Are you associated with women's college volleyball?
Click here for information about a talented prospect:
      http://www.netcom.com/~mdynon/Diane1.html