Re: Cancelling The Season - Celtics Plusses And Minusses

>Should the season be negated, I see the following
>plusses
>and minusses derived from a canceled schedule in regards to the Celtics:

>Plus: Pitino won't be able to trade Antoine for Mashburn and Brown.
>
>Minus: Antoine will sign as a free agent with Chicago.

I hope Ricky has been talking to him. There've been any number of reports
of coaches and management talking to players clandestinely.

>Plus: With two sets of free agents available, it will be a buyers'
>market stuffed
>      to the gills with quality and impact players.
>
>Minus: The large number of available free agents will only encourage
>Pitino to
>       spend the money unwisely on middle-class types, much as he did
>with the
>       Travis Knight's, Andrew DeClerq's, Tony Massinburg's, Bruce
>Bowen's;
>       last season, rather than going out and signing one quality player
>like
>       Brian Grant.

You know..how much does Grant make? Does anybody think that he's a little
overpriced for what he gives you on the court. As a starter, he's
adequate...nothing more. I'm not sure that Declerq doesn't give you more
"bang for the buck." Is Grant a better player? Of course. Is Declerq the
more valuable/effective player considering team needs/roles on the
court/cash spent? I'm not sure he's not.

>Ray

Paul M.