Re: Lockout

In a message dated 11/28/98 9:38:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
pmeas98@yahoo.com writes:

>  I agree that the players are being paid too much money, but the
>  GMs/owners are the ones stupid enough to pay them. So, they created
>  the problem not the players........
--- But an owner who pays Garnett 126 mil may be making a very wise decision,
given his bankroll, while another owner, to compete, might go bankrupt.  So
who's stupid?  The logical end to all this is the Florida Marlins:  buy a team
for a year, win the title, then disband it.  Offer everyone $20 mil for one
year.  No cap.  No conditions.
  On another note, can someone offer a coherent explanation of this escrow
system being discussed?  Thanks.