Re: Profile Of The Warrior's Todd Fuller

He might be a slug, but he could be a Great slug (a little zoological
humor).  If this was Fuller's fifth or sixth year in the NBA, then I
would agree with your prognosis, but if you consider the fact
that he hasn't been given a lot of playing time; the unstableness of
the Warriors; the crowded Golden State frontcourt; I also believe he
was injured for a period of time - Those factors have retarded his
development, and it's therefore too early to write him off. You have
to give players time to develop.  Look at his teammate Donyell Marshall.
He was basically written off as a draft flop and stiff, but he
perservered and became a good player. I think if you have someone
who's 6-11 who can shoot and is a decent rebounder, then there should
be a place in the NBA
for them.  As far as his perceived lack of speed goes, he's playing
center not point guard.
MG

---damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> >You're both wrong.  Pervis Ellison is a stiff; Todd Fuller is
> >salvageable,
> >as he has a shooting touch and is a decent rebounder.  Don't judge
him
> >by his stay in the miasma of lost basketball souls - The Golden State
> >Warriors.
> >MG
>
> Now why would I ever judge an NBA player's ability to play in the
NBA by
> watching him play in the NBA? You're right of course. All those
stiffs that
> the Celtics have been putting on the floor for years....if only they
> could've gone to a team like the Bulls, they all would've become
all-stars.
> Please...Todd Fuller can barely move. The article said something
about Todd
> Fuller working on his quickness?!? Todd Fuller's a slug and a foul
machine.
> I'm going to write something I never thought I would. By this time
> everybody knows how I feel about Andrew Declerq. However....Andrew
Declerq