Re: Prediction and url

Why should the players give in?  I would like to see both sides come to
an agreement where both have made sacrifices.  Unless both sides feel
that the other has made certain sacrifices there will never be another
game played.  Billy Hunter and Stern are both trying to get the best deal
for their respective organizations.

 I think as long as the players are behind Hunter, Stern and the union
will have problems.  Remember Hunter represents the product (players) and
if the product does not play there will be no games.  Furthermore, I
think that Hunter met with the agents and they saw a loophole in the past
meeting and advised Hunter to bargain for a better deal.

Greg
gh18@juno.com

>Billy Hunter is in over his head.  This has become apparent as he now
>twice has come away from a bargaining session without understanding
>what
>he agreed to.  After consulting with the people running the union,
>Falk
>and other agents, he has withdrawn from the agreement he had reached.
>That is a bad sign.
>
>Billy Hunter and Falk etc, do not believe the owners will cancel the
>season.  On the other hand, I believe that they will.  They have
>underestimated the owners determination and believe that tv will make
>them give in to the players.  I don't believe it will happen and that
>the season is in real jeopardy.  See this url:
>
>http://espnet.sportszone.com/nba/news/1998/981125/00959131.html
>
>The players have an offer of 52% of the revenues.  This is something
>that they ought to figure out a way to make it work.
>
>Hunter has backed himself into a corner.  He is blowing is horn about
>how unified everyone is and how the players won't cave in etc.  So, he
>has no way out and is not smart enough to figure out how to get out.
>
>SO, my prediction is, unless the players "CAVE-IN" and take 52 to 54%
>within the next week to ten days, the season will be canceled and
>Billy
>Hunter is going to be in a very very hot seat!
>--
>Bentz
>bocelts@scsn.net
>
>http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]