re:CBA Question

A Will McDonough Globe column on the Hartford Patriots today mentioned
in passing that "in pro football, under the current collective
bargaining agreement, 64 percent of revenues goes to the players in
salary."  I was surprised by how high that figure is.

Can any of you CBA experts out there explain how the NFL calculates
"revenue" and whether or not this differs substantially from the NBA
formula? For example, the Globe article notes that luxury box and
parking revenue is not included in this amount in the case of the NFL.

Does the NBA union have reasonable cause to expect 60% of revenue? I'm
just wondering.

JoeHironaka

****