Garth Joseph

>>> Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com> 11/21/98 08:33am >>>
If you just think about it, the Celtics are going to have a crowded
front
court, when the lockout ends, requiring a few shakedown cruises along
the
way to sort things out.  At center, there's Knight, DeClerq, and
Ellison,
and talk of signing a free agent big man such as Stewart or Geiger.
There's Garth Joseph who is playing on a exhibition team in the United
States,
and could be invited to camp, <<<<

Guys:

I saw Garth Joseph play live in college when he was a sophomore.  He
was literally 7-2, 275 pounds and a stud athlete.  Despite the fact that he
played Division II ball, the pro scouts were scouting him out--even back
then.  In fact, the entire reason that I went to see his team (St. Rose) play
was because I read about him in an NBA draft magazine.

I came away impressed, and made a mental note to keep tabs on him until
he entered the draft, b/c the C's have been in search of a new center
forever (at least since Parish was on his last legs).  I never heard or
read anything about him since.

Does anyone have any information about what Joseph's status is?  A
brief web search (prompted by Ray's mention of him) was fruitless.

Thanks,
Ryan