Re: Pierce to Atlanta?

Hi Warwick:

May I ask where this rumour was reported?

I don't know what the majority opinion is on our list, but I would do
this trade in a heartbeat. A 6-7 forward  in the NBA today is "by
definition" a defensive liability IMO, no matter how hard Paul Pierce is
willing to work. In exchange for Pierce and a probable non-lottery first
rounder, they'd get last season's NBA Defensive Player of the Year (and
All Interview Second Team to boot). Between Dikimbe and Antoine, you had
nearly 100 double-doubles last year. Although Dikimbe is 32-years-old, I
think the Celtics have sufficient firepower in Toine, Ron and Kenny to
consider the future as now.

I just hope Dikimbe won't work on adding a wiggle to his finger wag  :-)

Go Celts!

Joe

*****