Damn it...she's right again. What's happening?

>The rookie 2nd year extension exception is a
>much bigger problem, especially as players come into the league younger and
>younger and less polished as players (note that I'm not talking about
>talent, but game maturity). It means paying out the same sort of megabucks
>for relatively untested and unknown talent almost solely on potential that
>may never be realized, who are usually emotionally immature (meaning, among
>other things, more concerned about impressing than winning and being more
>likely to be impressed by what someone like their agent tells them is right)
>simply because of their age and limited experience. The sorts of
>disagreement there are over re-signing AW highlights the problem. Very
>rarely is there the same sort of disagreement on the whether one should
>re-sign a Bird player, simply debate over the net amount and that can more
>reasonably be left to the market on a known commodity.

>-Kim
>Kim Malo
>kmalo19@idt.net

This must be some kind of parallel universe I'm in....but...Kim's again, I
think, right on the money. I know there's no way around it, as I'm sure it
violates the players civil rights or something, but the dumbest thing the
owners ever did was start drafting kids before their final year of college.
As much as I love Antoine's game, (And in case anybody hasn't noticed, I
do.) we'd all be a lot better off if he hadn't come out at the end of his
sophomore year. And if the team could've kept him under a rookie contract
for longer than two ("Sign him now, because he might get pissed off and
leave next year," is what I think I argued.) years....then the early entry
would be acceptable. But as it is.... So I'm going to take a nap, and when
I wake up it'll all be back to normal and I'll never say "Kim's right,"
again.

Paul M.