Re: Tim Duncan

>Paul,
>I guess by your statements you aren't aware of college basketball or the team
>that Pitino had with the Knicks. As to alternative coaches, George Karl wears
>the mantle of being the coach of a few of the most underachieving teams in the
>NBA. Teams were NOT fighting over him to hire him a couple months ago. Also,
>what has Larry Brown ever done in the NBA? He is better than alot of the
>retreads and ML but that's about it.

>DJessen33

I addressed the Knicks with my last post. What has Larry Brown done that
Pitino hasn't? Just off the top of my head....maybe won more games in the
playoffs? Maybe taken teams farther into the playoffs? Would I be right
about that? And you're right, speaking of Brown being better than other NBA
retreads...does that include Pitino? Oh...and George Karl. Gee...I guess
that was actually Rick Pitino coaching the Sonics in the Finals a few years
ago. So I guess the Knicks were wrong. College means nothing to me, and I
bet it doesn't mean a whole lot to NBA players either. As Antoine might say
at this point....show me the money. Look, my point is that Pitino took a
team from 20 - 50 wins and that's great. But...the Knicks weren't sold on
the Pitino-show back then, and I question whether the Celtics should've
bought into eight years later...for the next seven.

Paul M.