Re[2]: Walker trades...

          A few things:

          I'm still hoping they sign Walker, but I'll be able to live
          with any of the deals being discussed EXCEPT the Miami
          trade. That just doesn't make sense. Also, Warwick's deal
          sounds nuts, but I do believe there might be some variation
          of that being discussed -- something that sends Walker and
          cap baggate out and gives us Lafrentz and cap room. That
          makes the most sense, simply because it puts us in the free
          agent market. The others -- even Brian Grant -- seem like
          they wouldn't give us much cap relief. (Sorry Warwick, but
          you can't convince me that Lafrentz and a No. 1 pick are
          enough to land Walker and Billups. But I do believe you're
          on to something.)

          I don't however, want to give Walker away just to get enough
          room to sign a Theo Ratliff or Matt Geiger (if we end up
          with a Ratliff (or Geiger)/Grant/Pierce front line, however,
          we probably are a better team).  If we're going to do this,
          let's do it right.  Clear enough space to make a run at a
          top-line guy: McDyess, Gugliotta or someone like that.

          On agents: The world would be a much better place if all the
          players did what Grant Hill does. He hires a lawyer to
          negotiate his deals. The lawyer bills him on an hourly rate,
          just as he would anyone else, and doesn't take a percentage
          of the deal. Seems like a perfect arrangement for me,
          because it takes the ulterior motive out of the negotiating
          process.

          I just really miss basketball.

          Mark