Re: If he wore green and white?

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

>  But I wonder if anybody on this list would really have
> a serious disagreement with Jordan as the greatest of all time if he'd worn
> green and white his whole career and been the leader on five Celtics'
> championship teams in the 90's.
>
> Paul M.

Paul:

I for one would.  I don't see how anyone can match Russell as far as dominance of
the league or match Chamberlain (sp?) as being a dominant player.  Shaq has now
had one year where he played with their intensity.  I think we have been
brainwashed by seeing Jordan so much on TV.  How many great players are never on
TV all the time like Jordan.

I would say that Jordan is in the class with Russell, Chamberlain, Bird, Magic,
Kareem.  I am not sure that anyone else is in that class.  But to say Jordan is
the best.  Well, I just can't buy that no matter who he played for.  The league
talent is watered down from the old days.  The shooting skills have diminished as
the athletic dunking has increased.  I am not convinced that this Bulls team
could beat the great Celtic team of the 50's if those players came along today
and developed the same skills.  Unfortunately, they would not develope the same
skills.   They would play today's game.  So, as we know it is all hypothetical.

--

Peace,

Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net