LAKERS, ETC.

We had to go to a cookout today so wasn't able to watch the game, but
did see the pregame show before we left, and at our friends' house
someone kept going in and checking the score.  WOW!  A sweep!  Couldn't
happen to a nicer team!  :)  In the pregame show they talked alot about
the CBA.  I don't know, it sounds like it could get sticky, what's the
opinion of others on the list?  They kept saying they don't want to end
up like baseball and lose the season, but they have some large problems,
I think.
    Kobe Bryant was a no show in the series.  I have no doubt of his
talent, but perhaps the hype has been too much for such a young man.
Another thought is that I'm disgusted with the way they draw these
playoffs out so NBC can have the big games on the weekend.  I hope they
get someone other than Thomas to do the broadcasts next year.  He's
sometimes just plain silly and doesn't have the voice for broadcasting.
I also remember what a brat he used to be on the basketball floor,
flailing out at people and "losing" it.  I can't take him very
seriously.
    Also, I doubt the Pacers can take the Bulls, but the Jazz can, IMO,
if they "come to play".  I believe they are really on a mission.  They
have the horses and I do believe the Bulls are vulnerable.  Malone
really has something to prove because he played badly in the finals last
year.  If he'd played well the Jazz would have won, I really believe
that.
Dorine