Playoff comments, etc.

Watching the Fakers pack it in has been fun.  My 7 year old son commented on Friday the weekend would be perfect with the Jazz and Pacers going 2-0 each.  I really didn't think the Fakers could lose both at home. Oh well, the weekend is 3-0 so far.  I for one would loooove a Pacer-Jazz match-up.

Who else heard Tom Hammond's intro comments about the Fakers?  He essentially closed the NBC/NBA hyporama by stating "the Lakers could win the title and should".  Does anyone else on this list or around the fan base have some concern for the nauseating promotion that is being done for a team that certainly doesn't deserve it.  I do know it has been mentioned.  IF they were something close to worthy of this hype they should be in one of these games and at home. The lephracaun, as someone so brilliantly put it, must be alive, because it is the word on the street in LA that this team may be dismantled, not unlike the Sonics, if West leaves.  When you wish upon a star; the only real curious part of this is that the Fakers might be in the Lottery in a few years, and the league will probably hand them a #1 pick, like they did with Ewing and the first lottery. 	As I used to say when people would voice their distaste for the Celtics, "it is better to be respected and hated, than just hated".

In today's Oregonian, the NBA beat writer made a very nice and amusing statement; "Kobe Bryant may easily be the best player in a video game, than on the court".  He himself seemed stunned by his moves in one of the recent TV ads for video game.  He may not believe the hype himself.  Honestly, hype notwithstanding, he has the tools, motivation and attitude to best one of the best, I just hope it isn't playing for the Fakers.  He did take it to the hole the one time late in today's game and made the FT, something Clank (now do you understand the name) can't do in a years worth of Sundays.

I want to say one other thing about this team, in recognition of Dorine's thoughtful post on Rick Fox.  What I said about his heart was unfair and inappropriate, and I apologize.  For his sake I would be happy see him do well, maybe instead of Clank, as long as it is in a losing effort.    He didn't have a great game again today, which Walton mentioned twice.  Sorry for him but not the team.

Finally I would appreciate some follow-up from the likely list MPLM for May from Dan Forant on his brilliant and expert analysis of yesterday's Pacer win, and the obviously pathetic coaching jobs done by Jackson and Harris in defeat.  What no comment on leaving A. Davis in the game to have to take the game breaking FT's, or the horrible fouls on the 3pter's.  Jackson must suck, based on Dan's criteria as they lost the game no less.  Dan if you have any class you will use your jaded eye to criticism on all players and coaches who fail to meet up with your unflinching standards of excellence that you so obviously hold to.  Your railing on LB should be turned in the direction of a true failure of a coach in this years playoffs like Del Harris, George Karl or the Greasy One.  We wait with great anticipation for your continued enlightenment.

Have a respectful and safe Memorial Day Holiday,
Greg