Re: Walker for D. Robinson

Alex Wang wrote:

> The rumor of Antoine Walker for David Robinson really does make
> some sense.
>
> The Spurs know that Tim Duncan is their future center of the next
> millenium.
> Alex
The thought of this trade even being considered  makes me sick to my
stomach. First of all why would we want to help the Spurs to compete
with the Lakers, We want to make the Celts better, Robinson surely isn't
the answer. Second of all if you saw any of their series against Utah,
there is no question that he plays either very soft or his better days
are behind him. It also seems that he now plays a lot like how Ralph
Sampson played with Houston when he teamed with Akeem. The only
exception is that Sampson at least played for a world championship
against the Celts. He should have played on a different level with
Duncan(who is much the superior player) playing next to him, but he
really played scared, very scared of Karl Malone. Don't be surprised if
he retires after his contract is up, as his role and talent decline.
By the way if the Celts called the Spurs and proposed a trade offer of
Walker for Robinson, he would be on an airplane to Boston  before the
Spurs could hang up the phone. A trade should always be equal talent for
equal talent. Do you have a suggestion who the Spurs could give us in
addition to Robinson to at least make it equal.
What really bothers me is, even if he could play on a high level, he
never really got the Spurs that close to a conference championship let
alone a world championship. To give up a Walker, who arguably will be 1
of the 5 best players in the next year or two for a guy who's talent
will only decline is just foolhardy. There is no chance that Robinson
can bring the Celts close to a championship.
Regards,
Hart