Players

In previous years, I have been flush with information about draftees
because the Celts have been in good position.  This year I've seen more
of the UNC players--by choice--and rate them highly.

Jamison--ability to rebound as well as Rodman plus give 15 to 20 points
on post up and open court moves.  I think he's the best "sure thing"
available.  Remember, his foul shooting is not bad and his 12-15 foot
jumper is acceptable now.  That will improve; there are no mechanical
problems or touch problems.  I'd make him #1.

Carter--most upside in the draft.  For his quickness, leaping ability, good
shot, I think he's got it.

These are as good a #1 and #2 as most drafts have.

LaFrentz--a good power forward.  Easily a top five pick.

Bibby--I'm sure he will be a top point; I just haven't seen enough of him.  I
would still take Antawn first.

Pierce--something tells me he will be no more than good.

?  Is this Dirk guy about 200 to 220 pounds?  I haven't seen him, but ask
Dallas if seven foot small forwards are that helpful.  The league has
enough Brad Lohaus es; after all, that's McCarty's problem.  He's long
and lean and talented, but where does he fit?  Unless theese guys
develop Bob McAdoo abilities, they're too inconsistent and not that
helpful.

Enough opinions.  I'm getting ready.  And, before anyone suggests
trading down with only an offer of Greg Minor, think about it.  What GM is
going to give up LaFrentz for Minor and a #10 pick?

Gene   (going for 3 record heat swells in a row)