Enjoying

a variety of discussion subjects.  Thanks for thoughtful posts.

I do not think the college game is hurt by the early entry to the NBA.  The
fans obviously feel cheated in losing a frosh or soph too early.  But most
understand when a junior leaves one year early.  I think Kentucky's title
proves that college ball can survive the loss of a few stars.  And I don't
see much advantage in herding a "basketball-only" kid through phony
classes in order to keep him eligible.  That only teaches him to disrespect
the system.  Better he learn from the hard knocks of being eighteen and
lonely in the NBA.

I'm not into the draftables, yet, but I would go for sheer talent rather than
someone whose limitations are obvious (Doleac, maybe Nazr).  We need
more than one player for sure.

Also glad to see the Lakers having to prove themselves.  I don't dislike
their personnel or their management--I even like Jack Nicholson on the big
screen;  it's just their jerseys, their city, their attitude, their
non-celticness.  Like McHale said, you can't be for the celtics and the
lakers, too.

Enough.  Gene  (heat records being set daily in dry E. Texas)