draft

Pitino has mentioned that he would consider Nazr Mohammed at the tenth
pick. Chris Wallace has been pushing him to look at high-school kids also.
Pitino would rather not unless the three year rookie contracts are extended
to five or six. We also have about a 5% chance to get a top three pick.

Free agency: some people on this list seem to think that the Celtics
will have $10M to spend on free agents. Everywhere that I've read (and
from my own figuring) says that something like $3-5M is about the best
we can do, renouncing Popeye Jones and Tabak.

The Webber for Richmond trade makes me believe that the rumor about Walker
for Richmond and Stojakovic could have had some truth to it, especially
if Sacramento would have taken on some additional contracts. Of course,
I'm glad it didn't happen.

Alex