Re: Sonics

R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> I find it curious how people on the list are so quick to criticize coaches.
> George Karl has an excellent record, has been to the finals, has endured
> botched moves by the front office and overcome the lack of a center to produce
> a record any of us would be proud to have if we were a coach in the NBA.  To
> say he is not a good coach is ridiculous.  To say he is overrated, I would say
> by whom.  He was hung out to dry by the owner and front office.  I haven't
> heard anyone claim he should get coach of the year.  Who has rated him too
> high?  It is too easy to take pot shots at someone from our seats.
>
> I think George has done a great job under adverse circumstances and without a
> real center.  He is deserving of respect and should get an opportunity with a
> decent owner  and GM.  I think he would be great in Minnesota, but they aren't
> going to fire their coach.
> Peace,
>
> Bentz
> bocelts@scsn.net
> http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw
Hey Bentz,
Nice talking to you, I think he is over rated and I don't think he can
coach in the Playoffs. Just look at his playoff record, he just can't
seem to adjust to playooff coaching. And that is how I see it and that
is what his post season record indicates. I want a coach who knows how
to win when it counts.
If his team is so good and he is such a good coach and has enough talent
to win 60 games every year, then how is it that his team gets eliminated
by teams that are seeded lower than you in the last 3 of 4 years. Nice
regular season coach, but seems lost at sea in the playoffs.
Regards,
Hart