Good cop bad cop / bad owner, off the couch.

>2.5 Mill a year, 3-4 years.  We need the cap room and Walter is not going
>anywhere.
>
>Neal

Walter spent a year on the bench in NY because...he has tremendous
"down-side." He's totally inconsequential. He's one of those players who I
think fans take a liking to because...he tries hard even though he's
actually pretty...let's just say....mediocre. If this team ever upgrades
it's pool of talent to playoff level...Walter never sees the floor. Right
now I'm more concerned with the "good-cop-bad-cop" routine concerning
Walker. I'm just not convinced Gaston's ever going to pay one player a ton
of money if he can get two or three players for the same amount or less.
Pitino wants to win sooner than later...and to be honest I think that means
contending for the conference finals right away...not just competing for
the eighth spot next year and maybe struggling to go deep for the next
three. Pitino's already said that he's not sure making the playoffs next
year is a reasonable expectation. This team needs a ton of talent. Given
the fact that Gaston's seemingly playing hard ball...the fact that the team
needs a lot of talent...it could very well be that they try trading Walker
and a couple cap-nightmares for a couple of established stars and more cap
flexibility for the next few years. Will it work in the long run? Is it
even possible? I don't know...but I'm just not sure about Gaston. The kid
might be history. My cholesterol level shoots way up just thinking about
it.

Paul M.