re:Fakers/Shaq

(Maybe this is classic ranting) but I think some national media execs -
panting at the potential ratings of a Fakers-Jordan or Fakers-Bird clash
in the NBA Finals- are getting way ahead of themselves over-hyping the
Shaq.  True, he was frightening against the immortal Jim McIlivaine and
Sam Perkins. But I think they should wait to see how Shaq plays against
the Jazz, which have prepared for their showdown at La La Land by so far
containing Hakeem, Robinson and Duncan in the playoffs. If the Jazz can
devise a way to contain Shaq, then it also would be a good lesson for
our Celts, who sort of have similar strengths and weaknesses as Utah.

Regarding all the Shaq-hype, I haven't felt this nauseous since Brent
Musberger was proclaiming that James Worthy had completely
revolutionized the power-forward position (namely don't rebound much,
don't waste your energy boxing out, pad your stats by cherry-picking
fast break dunks etc...). Remember the bruising we put on the "Lakers
Dynasty" of 1984?

"Beat LA in 2000"

JoeHironaka

P.S. Is there some kind of list-wide, telepathic "prayer" we can
organize to help Chris Wallace score a top-three ping pong ball in the
draft lotto? You know, a 600+ die-hard Celtics fans thinking in harmony
type of deal....  Maybe one of the God-fearing types on our list can
draft a short prayer for us to all recite together at a precise,
appointed time, filling in Allah, Buddha, Jah etc. in place of Jesus
according to our own beliefs.

Wait, am I getting weird?

****