Re: One more example of the death of BBall

On Tue, 12 May 1998, J. Mark Estepp wrote:

> I picked the following off the TSN website this morning.  With all due
> respect to Mr. Phillips, this idea is but one more example of the ruination
> of this game.  It continues to move down the path of gimmickry and the
> elevation/worship of individual play.  In a few years, it may not be worth
> watching...

[Really, really silly idea of a "three point dunk" snipped]

Hey, ideas dumber than this have been around for decades.  I'm actually
kinda surprised the ABA didn't try it - those guys were nuts.

Can't you see a beautiful feed to, say, Shaq who's all along under the
basket, and rather than just dunking the ball, he takes a dribble, steps
back, checks his feet, and *then* goes up for the power slam?  More than
likely some guard would strip the ball and everyone would be running to
the other end of the court.

Don't worry, lame-brained ideas are nothing new.  Things aren't getting
that bad.  (Thank heavens!)

Dan