Re: Bird Manager of Year

Dan Forant wrote:

> Happy to see Bird manager of the year. Does he deserve it? Probably not.
> With the team he has you and I could get them this far. Is it good for
> basketball, yes, without a doubt. Will Bird be happy with this honor? If
> past performances are a clue, he won't celebrate.

It wasn't manager of the year, it was coach of the year..

As for the accomplishment being small, it is VERY BIG.. They had basically
the same team (except Mullin for Dampier + Ferrell, while Haywoode Workman
was on the sidelines with a knee injury all season), this team DID NOT make
the playoffs last year with that team...

You and I COULD NOT coach this team to where it is now, so that is a BIG
inaccuracy there.

Congrats Larry!

Cheers,

Warwick