CBA

Regarding the impending CBA renegotiation, I personally would not be in
favor of a high, hard salary cap - even if that were in the best
interests of a rebuilding team like our Celtics. As flawed as the
present system may be, one good thing about it IMO is that it is
curiously rigged in favor of allowing players to stay with their teams
throughout their careers. It's almost like the good old days in other
sports.

For a lot of young kids, I would think that losing a Clemens or a Piazza
to FA would be a more disillusioning experience than being told Santa
Claus doesn't exist.

Cheers,

JoeHironaka

(Sorry, for the religious connotation. No offense intended.)

****