Say what, Bentz?

R. Bentz Kirby wrote:
> <snip>
> So, one reason the Bulls win is character.  I know that sounds weird
> with Rodman on the team, but Rodman comes to play every day when the season is
> on the line.  He doesn't act out by choking his coach, getting busted for having
> sex with 15 year old girls, and so far for smoking dope.  His behavior problems
> are not "punk/gangsta" problems, but most likely arise from attention deficit
> and a very sensitive nature.
>
> We need players with character.  And that is what worries me about Toine;  I
> have not seen evidence of the type of leadership character needed.  But, he was
> on a national championship team, so he should know how to win.

Whoa.  You are making excuses for Rodman's character or lack thereof,
and somehow twisting that into a statement that Toine may not have
leadership character!  You're implying that Rodman comes to play every
day, but Toine doesn't.  The "man" who once kicked a courtside cameraman
out of frustration is sensitive?  Please.  Bentz, ask your pal Xavier if
Rodman had character the time he provoked a fight by head-butting the
X-Man (it happened while McDaniel was a Celt).

Maybe you didn't mean it to sound this way, but you're saying that
Rodman is OK because his teams win and he hasn't been arrested, and that
translates to Antoine having a character problem.  Your logic is WAY
off.  As Heinsohn would say, give me a break.

Mike Dynon
North Kiingstown, RI