Re: Mercer for Dampier

J Ozersky wrote:

> The bottom line is that you don't need top flight players at every position to
> win a championship.  In fact, having top flight players at every position can
> be very harmful, and very few of the championship teams you can name have
> them.  In today's league, you need three all stars and role players.  Those
> three all stars should include a low-post threat.  We have those three players
> now.  We need a Longley-type lane clogger/fifth option, and a scoring small
> forward, which is pretty easy to get.  (see Williams, Eric; Fox, Rick).  The
> team has miles to go in terms of learning to win, and acquiring bench talent.
> But the core is there now.  When Rick talks about talent, he means developed
> talent.
>
> My wish list:
> strong, athletic center
> scoring, rebounding three
> board gobbling 4/5
> Veteran "cop" or two
> tall, speedy backup defenders
> No Pervis or Dana
>
> Josh
HEY JOSH,
	EXCELLENT POST,I HAVE AFEW THOUGHTS,WHAT DO YOU THINK:

DON'T FORGET THAT POPEYE MAY BE THE " SCORING, REBOUNDING 3" UNLESS WE
CAN IN SOME WAY SIGN McDYESS. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE REST OF YOUR WISH
LIST, BUT I DONT THINK THAT THERE IS A STRONG,ATHLETIC CENTER OUT THERE
WITH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTION OF RATLIFF, WHO I THINK IS MORE ATHLETIC
THAN STRONG, GEIGER AND AUSTIN A WAY OVERPRICED AND OVER VALUED.
	I AM SURE ABOUT 5/6/7 SPOTS ON THE TEAM:
	ANTOINE- SMALL FORWARD PREFERABLY
	MERCER- SHOOTING GUARD
	KENNY- POINT GUARD
	DQ & TABAK-  BACKUP CENTERS
	BOWEN- NICE DEFENDER & ROLE PLAYER
	POPEYE- GOOD STRONG REBOUNDER IF HE IS HEALTHY (THE BIG ?)

THE REST FIND AN ASHCAN BIG ENOUGH FOR PERVIS, DANA, GREG, TRAVIS,AND
DONTAE OR IF POSSIBLE A SUCKER TO TAKE THEM OFF OUR HANDS.

REGARDS,
HART