Re: Re: Mercer for Dampier

The bottom line is that you don't need top flight players at every position to
win a championship.  In fact, having top flight players at every position can
be very harmful, and very few of the championship teams you can name have
them.  In today's league, you need three all stars and role players.  Those
three all stars should include a low-post threat.  We have those three players
now.  We need a Longley-type lane clogger/fifth option, and a scoring small
forward, which is pretty easy to get.  (see Williams, Eric; Fox, Rick).  The
team has miles to go in terms of learning to win, and acquiring bench talent.
But the core is there now.  When Rick talks about talent, he means developed
talent.

My wish list:
strong, athletic center
scoring, rebounding three