McDyess, Minor, Bird

I know some people have talked about how the Celtics should get Antonio
McDyess, and I couldn't agree more.  I was skeptical at first because he
will definitely cost a lot of dough, but after seeing the way he played
against the Spurs in that playoff series, it was just unbelievable.  He
held Duncan to basically nothing after Duncan had a huge game when somebody
else was guarding him, and he held his own on the offensive end.  The man
is incredibly athletic, and he can shoot as well.  Not to mention the
rebounding, which he also did very well in the series.  To get McDyess they
will probably have to pay him a lot of money, but I figure its worth it not
only because it gets them a great player in McDyess but it also gives them
a much better chance at keeping Antoine Walker if he has someone else on
the team with more than half his talent playing alongside him.

By the way, did anyone read this weeks Sports Illustrated yet?  They had an
article about athletes (particularly basketball players) fathering a bunch
of children, and they talked about the C's very own Greg Minor.  I thought
it was pretty pathetic because the mother of Minor's children talked about
how when they first had children they both talked about how their fathers
had not been there for them when they were kids, and Greg vowed that he
would be there for his children.  Boy was he wrong!  I was also surprised
to hear about Larry Bird's daughter and how he never even talks to her.  I
thought Larry was more of a class act than that.  In his defense though, he
has made an effort to have a relationship with her recently (though its a
bit late as she is in college now).

Tim

rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: