Pitino Show

This week Pitino had Kenny Anderson as his special guest. They talked about
his injury which KA confirmed he got in the Seattle game by bumping knee to
knee with another player. He also mentioned tendonitis, but said it was
slight. He's had MRIs and all kinds of tests and they are all negative.
It's not a serious injury.

Pitino asked KA whom he thought was a good player on the team. He mentioned
that he thought that AD couldn't play (when he was with Golden State), but
that he has been surprised at how well he runs the floor and finishes.  He
also said that of course AW was a great player..."he's an All-Star, so
everyone knows that." Pitino asked him how great Mercer could be (RP first
admitted to being biased because he was Ron's coach). RP then compared
Mercer to Hondo...while admitting that Havlicek had more skills than Ron
has now, but he compared the fact that they are/were both in perpetual
motion. KA agreed that Ron has great skills.

KA reiterated his excitement at being part of a team that has a great
future. In one funny exchange, RP asked Kenny to retell some of the funny
things that have happened to him in the NBA over the years. RP then
proceeded to tell one story himself....while at Portland, during a timeout,
one player (whom they would not specifically name) told KA and the
others..."I need more room to work....I need more 'isos'....more floor, so
clear out!" They had a good laugh and RP said, "you can look at the
Trailblazers lineup and guess who that is."  JR Rider would be my guess.

The second part of the show was a drill with Reggie Hanson who got winded
(and admitted to it) very quickly. It was a shooting drill that one can do
by oneself without getting bored.  Ironically, it was the boring part of
the show, but I am sure that kids love the drill part of the show.

Someone asked why Hanson would play before Dontae Jones. I think Rick would
tell you that Hanson knows the system and that DJ doesn't understand the
game of basketball (he's said that before). RP knows that Jones will chuck
up threes while Hanson will play solid defense and not make much of a
difference either way. Just a guess.

Theresa