Re: WSBK

At 18:57 3/28/98 , Dorine Pratt wrote:
>Dan, I honestly don't know what it would mean if Fox did all the
>broadcasts, but I think it's possible the away games would be available
>in more places.  However, there's that blackout thing.

If Fox Sports New England one day gets all the Celtics games like MSG with
the Knicks they will still be available nationwide via the Baby dish or BUD
. So if your cable system carries only WSBK and not FSNE as well you would
be as the saying goes SOL. While I enjoy the Ch 38 games to hear the Cous I
prefer FSNE because of the Pre and Post game shows and Mike Gorman is from
my hometown!! Another plus is the multiple showings of the games . Here in
Arizona I sometimes catch an airing the morning after and watch while
working. I love working at home!! My main fear was losing the WSBK games to
another local outlet as we did with the Red Sox to Ch 68. Luckily the
opponents in the NBA also air the games so I would at least be able to see
the boys but without Mike, Cous or Tom and I could tune in WEEI for local
flavor, but I would rather have OUR announcers on the broadcasts. Well hope
that is what you were asking!! Later.Mike

PS The Globe article by Howard Manley is fascinating BTW as to the
machinations behind the scenes on the rights situation. If you missed the
article go to:
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe/globehtml/085/Rights_tough_sell.htm