Re: ML

I have not said anything on this matter, but feel very comfortable in my
take regarding ML.  I resolved 2 items long ago regarding ML:

1.  He was a great role player and team member in the early 80's.  Not a
great player on talent alone.  It is fair to respect him for his playing
days, separate of his non-playing role with the team.  I would hope and
expect him to be treated well by fans in the arena, if he seen at a game.
I said hi to him once when I ran into him, and had and will always have
respect as his role on 2 championship teams.

Not unlike when I ran into Hank Finkel at one game, and said hi to "Mr.
Finkel".  He loved being recognized 20 years later by a fan, as a respected
member of the Celtic family.  This respect for ex-players is one of the
things that separates the Boston Celtic organization from anyother team in
the NBA at least; "CLASS".

2.  As a GM/Coach anything he did right with respect to Montross trade
etc., was probably dumb luck.  He was a bad coach, maybe not as bad as
Quinn was with the Mavs, but up there.  As far as GM's he was probably
average, but we Celtic fans don't except just average as relates to the
teams GM, because of the benchmark set by Red.  Average league GM, far
below average Celtic GM.

I along with Steve, would like to consider this weekend to be the last gasp
for the ML thread, and then let's move on to other subjects, like how Bowen
broke his foot for example.

Rafters Baby,
Greg