Minor (was Re: Web notes)

At 10:36 AM 3/23/98 -0800, Greg Odegaard wrote:
<snip>
>Finally from yesterday's Globe:   A very insightful look at the team as we
>near the end of the year.
<snip>

<under Michael Holley's by-line>
>Player: Greg Minor What he has to prove: That he realizes there is always
>tomorrow in the NBA. Minor's trend is to go with whatever the last game
>produced. This pattern may be difficult for Minor to break in the Pitino
>system because he's a rhythmic player who needs minutes. He is averaging 14
>minutes per game, and that probably won't improve since he is often behind
>Mercer, McCarty, and Bowen.

Thanks for posting all of the stuff, but the above snippet struck me
particularly, because it offered a totally new perspective. Most of Minor's
defenders leave it at the poinst about his needing minutes. Never impressed
me much, because throughout his time in Boston I've seen him get minutes for
a time, but still go through the usual inconsistancy -couple good games,
then disappear while on the court and finally from the court. The bit about
Minor approaching each game with what worked in the prior one shines a
bright new light on that though. Minor isn't inconsistant, he's TOO
consistant. When the situations around him are not consistant. Never turned
it around and thought of it that way. From what I recall, it may well be
true. It's certsinly a more plausible explanation for his constant pattern
of a couple good games followed by some total disappearances. Definitely
something I'll be keeping in mind while watching him, and thanks again for
passing on the insight.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net