Re: voting

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net>

> Anyone can score 20 shooting 20 shots
> game.  He shoots something hideous like 65% from the free throw line.
>which it doesn't take a John Wooden to figure out who to foul in close
>games,  28% on 3's, and barely 40% on FG% when he gets a lot of inside
>shots.  Compare him to a Malone & Vin Baker at a 53- 54% clip.

Both Malone & Baker have steadily improved their free throw shooting but
guess what until their 2nd year they were shooting an abominable 59%. Vin
Baker's career FT average is 62.8% and this year he is shooting 60%. Walker
does get inside shots but faces double and triple teams. When you compare
his FG% with Baker, don't forget that with Seattle he has Peyton and
Schrempf. Teams can't exclusively double or triple team him..even at
Milwaukee he had big dog in the front line. Who does Walker have to help
him? We may like McCarty's & DeClerq's hustle but these are bench
players..no opposing team worry's about their offense. With Anderson at
point Walker has shown that he can shoot between 48-50% and with some
quality front line help this production will only increase.
                                                                         -
Mishra