Re: DEBATE

> By the way, I know we once wondered if someone on the
>Celtics monitors this list and I'm convinced they do.  Tommy made some
>remarks today about how the fans don't like some of the things Walker
>does, etc.
>He touted his leadership, etc., but at the same time he made some of the
>same observa-
>tions some of us have made.
>Dorine

That's what I thought when I heard that comment. Besides, Walker was on his
best Employee #8 behavior today all of a sudden. Coincidence? Perhaps. But
it's not inconceivable that the Celts' brass would want to know what the
hard-core (aren't we?) fans think about the goings-on. I would.

Speaking of Walker, the brilliant Peter May was tooting Antoine's horn in
today's paper, singlehandedly trying to put the Boston Celtics over the cap
for years to come. Might kickbacks from the Überagent be in line for Mr.
May? Or is he cleverly attempting to precipitate  a trade, figuring
Walker's inflated view of his worth would clash with Gaston's resolve not
to shell out "Garnett money"? Does it even matter what May or anyone else
in the media thinks, given that Falk holds most of the cards (not the least
of which is Mercer)?

FAs: I, for one, would prefer Ratliff over Geiger (if Falk allows it, of
course).  Theo is not a 27 ppg scorer, obviously, but today's game shows
that he can score when given an opportunity. He's  almost 6-11, looks like
he could compete in amateur bodybuilding contests, can rebound quite well,
and is an excellent shot blocker. Not a real center, but neither is Geiger.
Besides, he's younger, and will likely come much cheaper than Geiger.
Lastly, it's always good to have God on your side ;->

K. Kveraga