Re: Rockets OverPower Celts: Houston 105-Boston 96

Bill says:

> Edney: Played for 3 minutes, which shows just how desperate Pitino's
> situation is (since Rick would never play Tyus if he didn't have too).

Then Greg says:

> If Bill's assessment regarding Edney is true, as many have alluded to, then
> there is no chance he will be back.  What did he do wrong, or is he just
> not that good (or both)?

I think Bill has been a bit harsh on Edney.  Sure, we all know that
Rick has a thing for "shooting point guards" which means Tyus
is like the ugly stepchild of the family and never gets PT.
But when Tyus gets into the game, there's all kinds of ball movement
and none of that standing around the guys do when "other people" play
the point.  Tyus is a decent backup point guard - a TRUE point - which
unfortunately has no place in Pitino's system.

So yea, Tyus will be gone next year, but not because he sucks.
His shooting percentage really isn't bad (over .400 anyway), he
just doesn't take a billion shots a night.  Classic pass-first
point guard.  Hopefully he will go to a team that really wants
a true point guard.

Nancy "but nobody cares so I'll be quiet now"