Re: Marbury, Geiger, etc.

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Alex Wang wrote:

> Can Geiger
> create his own scoring opportunities? Another thing is that he has
> enough size for the position as opposed to Declercq or Knight.
> Someone called Geiger a power forward pretending to be a center.
> What's the justification for that?

     Yes, but only when the defense is off balance.  I watch alot of
Hornet games, and this is how he scores.
     Since the Hornet starters have such above ave in ball movement,
Geiger just waits till his man is rotated away or a little to one
side, then he calls for the ball, and has some good moves near the basket
to score.
     Looks pretty coordinated at finishing like that.  Once in a while
shows a baseline turnaround jumper where he creates for himself.
Has good 15 foot jumper.  Plays physical D, but doesn't hustle like
Declerc.  I think he plays like a center not PF.  Basically his skills are
as good as Luc Longley, yet he's going to ask for alot of money.